Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

convert pdf to word or edit pdf?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 woodcamp

woodcamp

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

I use Word 2013, but when I scan a .doc I can only save in pdf. My problem is that after scanned I want to edit the pdf document.

I've been searching for conversion programs (pdf to word) but can't get very good answers on line from the people selling these. This makes me wonder how good their support would be once I purchased it. Also, I can't get a definite answer to my query about editing after conversion.

A program that would allow me to edit a pdf would work for me also.

Which program has produced the best results for anyone else?

I can't break the bank, all of my work related to this is for non-profit groups with limited funds.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Hi woodcamp :)

You can edit PDF files using Adobe Acrobat, the most popular PDF editing program. However, that software isn't free (there's a 30 days trial however) so you'll have to pay for it. here's a lot of free PDF editing programs, but I guess that none of them will be on Adobe Acrobat's level. How do you scan your .doc file? Using the numerising feature of a printer? If so, I think these will only output PDF and not plain Word documents.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 TomH49

TomH49

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

You could try searching online, there are sites that will convert your PDFs to WORD files. However if you don't have the same fonts installed, your WORD doc may not look like your scanned doc..

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Convert Files will do it.

#5 elemento911

elemento911

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:43 AM

Hi Woodcamp,

I've been using CutePDF and CutePDFEditor (link below) for years with much success.  I think the editor should be what you need and it free!  Hope this helps!

https://www.cutepdf-editor.com

-Lance

#6 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

Drag the pdf in to Word 2013

Attached File  Edit PDF in MSWord.png   7.73KB   0 downloads

#7 woodcamp

woodcamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hi woodcamp :)

You can edit PDF files using Adobe Acrobat, the most popular PDF editing program. However, that software isn't free (there's a 30 days trial however) so you'll have to pay for it. here's a lot of free PDF editing programs, but I guess that none of them will be on Adobe Acrobat's level. How do you scan your .doc file? Using the numerising feature of a printer? If so, I think these will only output PDF and not plain Word documents.

Because of lack of technical knowledge I print the pdf and then scan the hard copy on my Brother MFC J6710DW

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

You know that you can convert the PDF directly to a Word document using HairCut's method? I think it would be way easier. Wait, if you print the PDF then scan it to get another PDF, why do you do it then?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Yes, you can do it HairCut's way, or use the free and easy Convert Files.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hi Woodcamp,

I've been using CutePDF and CutePDFEditor (link below) for years with much success.  I think the editor should be what you need and it free!  Hope this helps!

https://www.cutepdf-editor.com

-Lance

Just noticed your post. I use CutePDF but never knew that they had an editor as well, will take a look at it.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users