Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speedfan 4.49 Questions.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SterlingSilverq

SterlingSilverq

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

I just downloaded (What I think to be) the latest Speedfan version. I have never seen this but my computer seems to heat up quite a lot.  I read the F1 Guide a little bit but had some questions about the general logic behind an app like this.

Could Speedfan or other related programs improve my speed even by a slight bit?  

Is temperature related to how fast a computer runs (e.g. slower browser loading times/slower start ups etc.)?

Any programs I should download that can help improve speed?

I have an old computer and I just want to give it a little aid.

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section, I searched and could not find a post asking this, but the nearest post was in this section.

EDIT: I started out and my Core 0 and Core 1 Temps were at 78 and now they are at 71.

Edited by SterlingSilverq, 31 January 2015 - 02:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,196 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

SpeedFans and other related programs won't help you improve your system speed or performance. They are monitoring software that you could use to control your fans speed and therefore your hardware component temperatures. The overall performance of the system won't be affected by that.

The temperature isn't related to how fast a computer can run but it can be related to why a computer crashes, shut downs, etc. If your hardware components are overheating.

The only real way to improve your speed, system performance, is to manage it correctly by keeping it up to date, uninstalling programs you don't use, keep a minimum of start up entries, disable features you don't need, adjust the ones you need so they take less resources, etc. All these PC Booster programs aren't worth using it. In fact, they'll slow down your system more than anything else with their bloat and could be seen as scamware, scareware.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 SterlingSilverq

SterlingSilverq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

thanks for the reply.

You're right. Speedfans doesn't seem to do anything but monitor my temperature.  I don't think my computer is updated enough to even have this program control my fans.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,196 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

I could try to make sure that your system and programs are fully updated if you wish.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users