More is not better. You can also have these programs conflict with each other. These can also stay in memory reducing how much ram is available to the system. Keep up on all OS and program patches, be behind a router, do regular backups/different systems for stored data and practice safe computing is your best way of keeping yourself safe. Bitdefender is one of the best rated least intrusive programs out there.
Let me clarify exactly what those programs do, my friend.
1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free:
- Is an on-demand only scanner - which means that it only allows the use of manual scanning, and is not resident.
- Resources are only consumed when it performs a scan.
- MBAM is perfectly compatible with all AV solutions - I run Kaspersky Endpoint Security with MBAM Premium (which offers real time protection) and my machine's fine
- Is a cleaning utility used to clear out temporary files, browsing history etc. (anything but the registry - don't touch that.)
- Has a monitoring function, but this can be disabled and does not consume a lot of resources.
- Does not conflict with any software.
3. Adblock Plus:
- Is a browser addon that blocks advertisements (as the name suggests).
- Only consumes resources when you open a browser.
4. Secunia PSI:
- Is a standalone tool that scans the machine for any possible outdated applications and assists the user in updating them.
- Is resident, but this can be disabled and does not consume a lot of resources.
- Does not conflict with any programs, as far as I know.
5. SpywareBlaster Free: You may want to read about the product here
Basically it's a tool that passively protects your browsers by preventing you from accessing known malicious websites - thus its footprint is very small, and the program does not conflict with other software (AVs included).
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate your help.
Please could you kindly let me know if you have to give Secunia your name and email address before you can download and install it?
I ask this question because when I click on download I have to give my name and email address before I can download it.
You can download Secunia PSI from BC here
Stay safe, surf safe!