Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6 and Comcast Business

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amerco

amerco

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

We recently switched from AT&T telephone/internet service to Comcast Business telephone/internet; however, although I am still receiving my emails at the original bellsouth.net (AT&T) email address, I cannot send out emails with my Outlook Express 6.  

Any suggestions?  I'd prefer to keep my original bellsouth.net email address.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to send mail?

If so, what is the exact error? If your user name appears in the error xxx it out but leave @whatever.com/net

#3 amerco

amerco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

@Queen-Evie-  Here is the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

If I recall correctly you need to have the outgoing server set to Comcast server settings.

You can edit the settings by deleting only the outgoing bellsouth settings and then inputting Comcast settings.

What I don't know is if the business smtp settings for Comcast are the same as those used by residential customers.

Comcast does have a forum for business class customers. You should be able to get help there.

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users