Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need tiny and quiet cooler for my i7 2600k

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rainbrew

Rainbrew

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

As stated in the title, I need a new, quiet and cheap heatsink for my processor since the standard one is incredibly loud. I got this computer from a friend since he didn't use it anymore and if anyone sees anything wrong with it, please notify me, thanks.

imgur.com/LraAheN

Edit: Topic moved from Internal Hardware to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

This is the stock heatsink/fan provided by Intel. I've built so many, I'd never forget the design heh.

That being said, you an remove the fan. It will come off. Noise problem solved, just double check you have enough airflow to prevent long term damage.

Edited by TechnicianOnline, 30 January 2015 - 03:27 PM.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

What do you mean by tiny?  The smaller they are .. the louder.  Can we have more information about the case?  After market good coolers and cheap ... do not necessarily work in the same sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users