Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up mail client account issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nkcoll

nkcoll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Hello there,

Can anyone help me? I am trying to set up a mail client account on Windows 8. I believe the mail client that comes with Windows 8 is called Mail. I have searched how to set it up and they all say go to the Start screen and click on the Mail icon. They then all say to log in using Microsoft email etc. but when I click on the Mail icon it just immediately launches iCloud. I can't find any tutorial that mentions this happening and once iCloud is open it is not intuitive as to what to do next.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I just need a mail client that will allow me to view my Yahoo mails as well as my company mails..

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by nkcoll, 30 January 2015 - 06:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mralias518

mralias518

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

Take a look at this.

http://www.fixkb.com/2013/06/set-up-icloud-mail-account-on-the-windows-8-mail-app.html

Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca & Windows 8.1 Dual Boot.

Dell E6410 i5 7.60518 Gib of ram

#3 TomH49

TomH49

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

I like  Mozilla Thuinderbird, easy setup and it handles multiple accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users