Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps Not Connecting To Internet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Silverjh

Silverjh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

Every time I try to use an app, it has some kind of offline error, even though the desktop works fine. I've tried lots of methods trying to fix it, including WSReset.exe, ran Microsoft's Modern UI App troubleshooter and running internet connections troubleshooter. The last thing I want to do is refresh the PC.

Also, this is my first post, so i'm sorry if I posted in the wrong spot or didn't include stuff you need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

Navigate to an elevated command prompt by clicking

On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

In the window that comes up type in:  netsh winsock reset

press enter.

When its done type exit and press enter

#3 Silverjh

Silverjh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

I tried that, it told me it was successful and to restart the computer, and the apps still aren't connecting. Any other suggestions?

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

What kind of error are you getting when you run your app?  Do the web browsers work?

#5 Silverjh

Silverjh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

Everything I use from the desktop can connect like internet explorer, but when I use any app, it's offline. Store says Cannot connect to internet, try again, mail says offline etc.

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

I realize this fix is for windows 10 but should be the same or similar in windows 8.  Let us know how it works for you.

#7 Silverjh

Silverjh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

When I go to internet connections, it only shows Wi-Fi, and it's enabled without the red x, and there's no notification in my taskbar that it shows in the video.

#8 Silverjh

Silverjh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

OK, I got off of live support with Microsoft, and they told me I have ransom ware because I had a specific icon popping up (http://imgur.com/h8SVhHj), they told me it's connected to this problem and I had to pay $100 for them to fix it (No way i'm spending that)

So, is there a way to do this without refreshing the computer or do I have no choice? I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes Premium and it didn't detect anything.

They also said it's "slowly eating my computer", not sure if this means it's urgent or not.

Edited by Silverjh, 02 February 2015 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users