Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ok to run emsisoft malware with Kaperskey security together

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

Kaspeskery site says not to run emisioft malware with kaperskey I allowed each other . Will it be ok?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yes you should be fine.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an antivirus platform that includes anti-malware protection which uses two scanning engines and three security levels (or layers) of protection to prevent the installation of malware and stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. These layers consist of surf protection, a dual-engine file guard, and advanced behavioral analysis which is extremely difficult to penetrate. EAM continually monitors the behavior of all active programs looking for any anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity and raises an alert as soon as something suspicious occurs. The behavior blocker is able to detect unknown zero-day attacks without signatures.

EAM combines its technology with Bitdefender Anti-Virus utilizing live cloud-verification for superior detection and removal of malware infections effectively. Emsisoft Pro offers a full anti-malware solution which you can run side by side with your existing antivirus as extra protection without conflicts. Compatibility with other security products is constantly tested.

Emsisoft FAQs: Will it run on my PC?

We have spent considerable time building Emsisoft Anti-Malware in a way that makes it compatible with almost all other antivirus programs!

Emsisoft Anti-Malware has the added advantage of blocking the installation of most Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) (such as adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers).

500xNxeam_pup_728x574_en.png.pagespeed.i

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hi JST :)

Which edition of Kaspersky do you have (product name and year), same for Emsisoft Antimalware?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

That shouldn't matter. Emsisoft Support previously advised Kaspersky's software works fine with their products.

After doing some more research, I did find a couple of Kaspersky users within the past few years who reported a problem with EAM. Fabian Wosar (who also helps here at BC) addressed the issue in this topic (Post #4)

What you actually want is Emsisoft Anti-Malware to ignore all activity originating from the Kaspersky processes. To do that, you have to add a process exclusion for the Kaspersky processes pretty much the same way you excluded the EAM processes in Kaspersky.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

I know that, I want to know if I can find a more up to date documentation on Kaspersky's website about it, because the one I looked at is for Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security 2013. So I want to see if he's using 2013, 2014 or 2015 and take a look at it :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Kasprsky Antivirus/Internet Security 2013 is the most recent I found too. However, some anti-virus vendors will tell you not to use anything with their product so I would take that kind of info with a grain of salt anyway. I trust Fabian and the EAM staff, many of whom are Security Colleagues who assist at sites like this.3

#7 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

I useinbg Kasperskey internet securty package 2015

#8 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Thanks guys

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

Found it! List of applications that are incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, right here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/11175#block2

Kaspersky will asks you to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.1 when you are installing it (it will do it automatically), however, I think we are on Emsisoft Antimalware version 9 aren't we? Or higher than 5 at least? Hence the two products will work well together, as previously mentionned by quietman. So everything's good! :) That's the page I was looking for haha!

unite_blue.png

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9.0.0.4799 dated 01/01/15

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Then its all good, thank you for the confirmation quietman :) I guess that you're going to bookmark that link somewhere with the 10,000 others you already have :lol:

unite_blue.png

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

:thumbup2: