Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How often to run AdwCleaner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smorton1951

Smorton1951

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

How often is it recommended to run AdwCleaner?

I realize this is a somewhat general question.

Thank you.

Smorton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

I would suggest doing that after installing a new program or browser add-on. Some updates for free programs and free add-ons contain adware, too.

Comes in handy for cleaning a new computer, too.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Smorton1951

Smorton1951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Can you do it too often?

SM

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

I can't think of reason you could do it too often.....definitely safer than parachuting. Keep in mind, no one program will remove all adware or all malware.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users