Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition changed names from "GATEWAY" TO "ACER'

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lulucomer

lulucomer

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

Why would the partition change names in the Recovery Management in Windows 7? The laptop pc keeps looping right back to the Windows Error Recovery no matter what I try. It is a Gateway NE56R-10u with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have all of the Recovery Discs, System Disc, and Language Disk. I ran the full reinstall (there were not any important files that needed to be saved) but after it was done it rebooted right back to the Windows Error Recovery screen. I have tried all of the F8 choices but it just keeps looping over and over. Anybody have any suggestions? Is there some back way into the DOS to use the command prompt?? Any help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

My guess is you got the wrong recovery disks with your Gateway.  Sounds like they are for a Acer which may also explain why you are not able to do a recovery.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/home#_ga=1.136678960.1628005983.1422562601

Might want to contact Gateway support to either confirm you have the right disks or to get new ones.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

Acer acquired Gateway, 2007.

Louis

#4 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, I knew that Acer bought out Gateway. But the laptop was bought in 2012 according to the bottom sticker. Also the reinstall disks say Gateway and in small print it says Acer. But what I didn't understand was why when one time it showed the Hard Drive Name : Hitachi HTS543232A7A384       Partition Label : Acer   then it said Partion Label : Gateway the next time it came up???

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Well...I can't dispute what you report...but, IMO, it's Acer software no matter how you cut it.  Perhaps you ought to contact them and inquire about their recovery mechanism.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users