Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slotchbar/slotch.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 george.richards

george.richards

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:54 AM

hi, i've had major problems with some "slotchbar" which plagues my internet explorer. i'm not very computer literate, and i've been using a variety of spyware removal software, but none of them seem to be able to really fix the problem once and for all.

please advise.

i'm using xp home, if that's important.

thanks, george

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:20 PM

Hi, George, we need a closer look at what's happening. I can do that for you if you follow these steps: (while viewing this post you may choose from up top to click File-->save page as "web page HTML only" to "My Documents" so you have a copy of the instructions when you're offline again)

Please start-->My Computer-->C:\ local disk-->File-->Folder-->New-->name it HJT.
That being done, then Download HijackThis 1.98.2 from here.
Next, click or double click the .zip folder.
Extract all files-->ExtractionWizard opens-->next-->browse-->My Computer-->(C:)-->HJT-->OK-->next-->finish.
Open the icon file (183KB Application)
click Scan-->Save Log-->name it hijackthis 1-->save as: all files-->in: My Documents. Notepad should be visible now.
Choose Edit-->select all-->right-click Copy.
Go to-->this thread at bleepingcomputer and "Add Reply". (it's possible you may need to logon)
Right click Paste in the message box.
Title it, with description if you like, add any comments, then "post new reply".

Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

To see a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:
How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:11 PM

Closed. Lack of responses.
If you originated this thread, and need it re-opened:
You may also contact a HJT Team Member, and reference the link location address. Thanks. :thumbsup:

If referring to this thread for any other reason, you may:
Right-click Posted. Choose Copy Link Location. Paste with comments to a New Topic.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users