Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe outdated; installer freezes; will not install; fails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

I have a computer that hasn't been turned on in over a week, as soon as I turn on and launch firefox, I am presented with the message on any website I may try to visit

firefox has prevented the outdated plugin 'adobe flash' from running on this website

so I do a Google search for adobe flash and download the latest version from adobe's website. but the installer freezes up as soon as it is opened every time. so I let it sit and got a message

a script on this page is causing your computer to run slowly. if it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive

Google? yeah really loved that search.

Spoiler
. I told it it stop running the script. Adobe tries to install but instead gives

download and run the uninstaller before installing flash player

Spoiler
Which I did, but not presented with a new message

Installation failed.

please help me.

running firefox 33.1 on windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi Sylveon :)

I suggest you to start by uninstalling Mozilla Firefox completely since you're running an outdated version. Once done, follow the instructions below:

3Al62Pm.pngList Installed Programs
  • Download MiniToolBox and move it to your Desktop;
  • Execute it by double-clicking on it;
  • Check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox;
    dE2KOUZ.png
  • Click on the Go button;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open.
    wRKHMXW.png
  • Copy/paste (select the Notepad, press Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C to copy, and Ctrl + V to paste) the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Try installing Flash with the offline installer instead. Download and install THIS. Make sure browsers are closed before installing Flash.

By the way, the latest version of Firefox is 35.0.1.

Edited by Phantom010, 29 January 2015 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users