Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server file share not executed by client

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JoHubb

JoHubb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

I am running a weather program (AS2012) on a client for Flight Simulator X (FSX) on the server. The client connects to the server by Simconnect.

Both machines run W7 Home Premium x64 and I run them with full Administrator permissions.

The SimConnect.ini file is located in a folder on the server:  C:\Users\FSX_XPlane\My Documents\Flight Simulator X\

This is shared across the network with Full Control for Everyone. The owner is FSX_XPlane.

I can access and open the simconnect.ini file from the client. 

When I run the weather program on the client it does not connect to FSX on the server.  The system log shows that the path to the simconnect.ini file is not set (attached - time 23:06:44:0096).

The other required simconnect file paths are correctly identified. 

If anyone can suggest an explanation for this, and a fix, I'd be grateful.

Regards,

John

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users