Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faulting module clr.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MJoe

MJoe

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

Hi all

I would like assistance on the above mentioned error which I get when I try to start desktop icalendar software. Although I received some help from the developer but to no avail. I see the above error pop up on Event Viewer. The full error is posted below. I use windows 8.1 on a laptop. The application does not seem to start each time I double click to start it creates an event in Event Viewer with the following error in detail. I can see the mouse pointer showing some kind of activity just after double clicking but it is not for long and dont see it either in the task manager.

Faulting application name: Desktop iCalendar.exe, version: 3.2.6.532, time stamp: 0x54be5a89
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34209, time stamp: 0x5348a1ef
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002355
Faulting process id: 0x1d18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d03af0bf3fd2fa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\desksware\Desktop iCalendar\Desktop iCalendar.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: febb4369-a6e3-11e4-bf2d-f01faf25c5f0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I some how feel it is a .Net framework error so I disabled .Net 3.5 and .Net 4.5 in windows features and re-enabled but it did not solve the problem.

I just created a new profile and the old profile is still there since I am still using it to finalise transfer of all files, etc. before finally removing it.

I kindly look forward to support from this forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

Do you have all the latest updates for windows?  Especially the .net framework updates?  I would start there.  A quick search on the dll stated there was a hotfix but you needed to contact support to get it.  Which is strange.

#3 MJoe

MJoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for your response, when I look in the "Windows Features" I see .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.5 which is inbuilt into windows 8.1. When I checked the windows update, I don't see any new updates, if there are I would see that the system gets the update.

Edited by MJoe, 30 January 2015 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users