Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC works for short time, then displays "DVI No Signal"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MSaintJohn

MSaintJohn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

Hello all, just built a new rig and it seems to have a hiccup that is a little over my head.

The PC will start-up and run normally for a little while (up to 10 minutes), until the monitor cuts to black and displays "DVI no signal", which will last until the computer is restarted. 

Despite the display giving out, the computer seems to keep running apps (assumed by checking a large download's progress before signal loss and then after a later restart).

So far I have tried many restarts, uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers/OS, disconnecting extra components (second GPU and second RAM chip), using different displays connected to different GPU ports, disabling the integrated graphics and asking it really politely to work, all with no result.

I'll try my best to answer any questions quickly, and I really appreciate any help you all can give.

System Specs

CPU - Intel I7-4790K

MOBO - EVGA Z97 Classified

RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum (2 x 8GB)

GPU - EVGA GTX 780 Ti (2, w/ SLI)

PSU - Corsair AX1200i

SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

OS - Windows 8.1 64-bit

Case - NZXT Phantom 820

Build with XSPC water-cooling components 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:45 AM

Sounds like the video card is possibly over heating.  If it is part of the water cooling loop I'd check the cooling block on it.

#3 MSaintJohn

MSaintJohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

Just finished checking on it, and it turns out the cooling block wasn't fully touching the gpu.

Took off a few spacers that came with, reapplied thermal paste, and it's been working since.

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users