Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Analysis

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:16 AM

Hello to all member and guests who I hope read this topic.

Im guessing there are loads of people who have hijackthis but do not know how to use it as it is a really advance program.

Well the other day i stumbled upon a site which u copy your log on their website and in a few seconds a list comes up underneath which shows you what can be or should be deleted. NICE !!!

The link is: http://www.hijackthis.de/#anl

If there are any concerns please reply but with what Ive got there doesnt seem to be any security threats by posting your log on the site....
Also if there are any people who believe there are other ways, they should also reply!!!! :thumbsup:

Hijackthis log analysis

:flowers:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:48 AM

Could people also reply if this topic was helpful for them!!!!!

I know there are people who take donations for this kind of help.
At the mo I dont as the help I try to give is for free.( will we be different if I decide to focus on tech support for the rest of my life :thumbsup: )

:flowers:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

I've moved this thread from the HJT log analysis forum to the more appropriate.

Please review this thread for a similar question and a quote from a BC Moderator about auto-HJT analysis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry308713
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

Cheers for spotting that out.!

Didnt know that, sorry about that

#5 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

So what do you believe about this matter????
Is it worht it?????
Or should people carry on posting logs on here???

To be honest i posted a while ago a log n never got a response thats y i looked it up via these so called hijackthis analyser sites

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

To be honest i posted a while ago a log n never got a response thats y i looked it up via these so called hijackthis analyser sites

That was 2 days ago.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.
If you don't receive a reply ot your post in 5 days, post in this thread, with a link to your log:
Haven't had a reply in five days?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

Automated HJT progs only do part of the job. It doesn't remove the Malware,only the associated registry entry. Hence yuor still not cleaned. Also if you "fix" entries before the Malware is accurately identified,you could in reality hide the malware.
So I'd recommend a post.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:27 AM

Sorry for my inpatience. :thumbsup:

Didnt know it could take that long. And to be honest just the fact that there are people who are willing to help but are very busy shows how many problems there are out there........ :flowers:

As for what boopme replied....... Are you saying that u should run n use hijackthis only after u have run antimalware programs???
Cos thats what i do. Havent got any noticable malware so ran hijackthis and posted on that site which didnt show anything.......

Well i will 5 days n then post my log a gain and wil we see

:trumpet:
MathsDude

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,584 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

One more thing MathsDude. Since you have already posted a log, should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files and other items on your own, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted and can complicate the malware removal process.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yes you r quite right!!!!
But that is the problem since I have change things since I posted that log :thumbsup:
Maybe adding the new log as a reply????? But then people would think that someone has responded to my post
Well if i dont get a answer in the next 3 days I will just post my new log to the i havent had an answer in five days blog.

Any suggestions since you have been around much longer than i have???

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,584 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

Maybe adding the new log as a reply?

If no one has responded yet, then just edit your existing thread.

Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have no replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users