Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update not loading Toshiba satellite A200

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hman123467

hman123467

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hello everyone

I have a second hand Toshiba satellite A200 that will not load into windows. It just goes into installing update 3 of 3 and restarts. I have tried safe mode but it just gets to \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys and stops there. I really need some help because this is the computer Inuse for retrieving video from my model plane

Cheers,
hman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

In order to fix a problem like this you would need a Vista Install Disk? Then do a startup repair or System Restore. If you do not have a install disk you can get the files off the drive with either a linux distro like Puppy or a WinPE disk you can build on a Windows 7 computer. After that you may be able to do a factory reset.

You can also follow the steps here to create a Vista Install iso.

#3 hman123467

hman123467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Thx I pressed f8 as booting and am doing a system restore hopefully it will work

#4 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Make sure you test your disk using something like HDAT2 to make sure you don't have a hardware problem.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#5 hman123467

hman123467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

It seems to have been taking about 6 hrs and says finalising file restore. I don't have a vista disk though so what can I do? I also cannot acces my HDD because windows will not open.

Edited by hman123467, 30 January 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

6 hours to do a system restore is too long. zcomputerwiz suggestion that it mat be a hardware problem  seems correct. The file system on the drive could also be corrupted. If you have a Windows 7 computer, download and run Aoemi PE builder. It will create a WinPE disk and let you recover the data to an External Drive or USB flash drive.

Desktop.png

If you do not have a Windows 7 computer then download Parted Magic here. Burn the iso file using isoburner or Imgburn if you have it to create a bootable CD. If you do not have a CD/DVD you can use Rufus with the iso file of Parted Magic to create a bootable USB flash drive. Attach your flash drive and run Rufus. (Edit: added link to Rufus)  Make sure your USB flash drive is in the first box. Select MBR as a partition scheme and leave everything else as it is shown. In the dropdown box that shows FreeDos, select Isoimage and click the small icon next to it. Browse to the iso file. Select Start.

Double Click the File Manager on the desktop and browse your hard drive. You can copy files to the Flash Drive that has Parted Magic or to another External Drive. Using Parted Magic you can also check the hard drive by clicking the Drive Health Icon (GsmartControl) on the desktop of Parted Magic.

2011.jpg

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 January 2015 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users