Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

j5create jua250 USB to HDMI video adapter stops audio projection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClaireTX

ClaireTX

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

I have a new Dell Inspiron 20 All-in-one 3043, running windows 8.1.  I bought it specifically because I liked the way you can set the 20” monitor up on the desk in a small space and also have a computer function, but I need to extend the video to a Samsung monitor.  The HDMI port on the 3043 computer is an in–put only port and for some stupid reason is the only display port on the computer. 

After three days of figuring out that the HDMI port is in only and messing around with adapters, I have been able to get a j5create USB to HDMI video adapter (jua250) to extend the video to a Samsung S22C300H monitor.  However, when the adapter is plugged in, the audio on the Dell 3043 cannot be heard.  The speaker controls are not muted, and the speaker control windows act like the speakers are working.  If the USB adapter is unplugged, the audio starts coming back through the computer speakers.

The brain trust at Dell technical support tells me that the computer is “sending the audio out to the adapter”, thus no audio on the computer speakers.  j5create support said they are unavailable after I was on phone hold for over 30 minutes.

All three USB 2.0 ports on the 3043 act the same way.  I tried the adapter on my HP notebook, running windows 7, USB 2.0, and it did the same thing……..extends video, but stops projection of audio through the computer.

Can it be true that a video adapter plugged into one of the available USB ports can override the audio projection on the computer?  I have checked all the settings that I know about, but am hoping that I missed one somewhere.

How do I get an HDMI connection to the Samsung monitor, apparently through some kind of adapter, from a USB port without losing the audio projection on the computer?

I have other notebooks that I could use, but they eat up the space on my desk.  I like the Dell, but this is a deal breaker…….may have to return it if there is no solution.

Claire

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Try disabling digital audio output on the sound device.

edit: or failing that, right click on speakers icon on your right lower corner, select playback devices, click speakers, click set default, click OK

Edited by TsVk!, 28 January 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#3 ClaireTX

ClaireTX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

tried the speaker checks first.......no change

if the video adapter on one USB can turn over ride the computer's audio, I do not see how you could ever do a presentation with multiple monitors........I am told that people do it with an adapter for each monitor.......there must be something else in the settings 

I get no control window for the jua250 adapter...........is there a way to find it in windows 8.1

#4 ClaireTX

ClaireTX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

after loading drivers for adapter again (4th time) magically two speaker options showed up under speaker button so that I could turn the adapter speaker control off........ thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users