Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page_In_Nonpaged_Area (win32k.sys)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IamHis1

IamHis1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

My computer is only about a year old and I have started getting the blue screen message, "  :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, we're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Then it tells me that later I can do a search for Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area (win 32k.sys).

I have read so much different information and have tried a few things like updated a couple of drivers (I thought) and my bios through Dell's website, took a couple of updates that windows offered me; but nothing has made a difference. I get this error at all different times such as after boot up, after waking, on Facebook, opening programs, or just doing nothing.

Blue screen view shows source of crash is most likely caused sometimes by ntoskrnl.exe, or null.sys, or wmiacpi.sys, or systp.sys, or win32k.sys, among others. This has been going on for about seven days.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 Laptop running Windows 8:1 64 bit with 6.00 GB ram (5.88 useable). I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Do you have the installation CD so that you can boot from that and run the startup repair utility?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users