Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

html(url) to pdf

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xspeed

xspeed

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hi, 

Please help me with this, 

I want to convert from html to pdf with the next demand. I have tried free online converters and some free software but I couldn't do how I want. 

For example: 

http://www.datadisk.co.uk/html_docs/sap/fi/bank_accounting.htm#house_banks

to convert to pdf, but, when I zoom in (150%-200%) all the text to remain in the window without moving the page to the right to can read all the text. I would like the pdf to be like it is when I zoom in the original above url. 

It would be possible to create that kind of pdf for the below page too? When I zoom this url, it's the same problem I was talking above for the converted pdf, I have to scroll the page to right-left so I can read it. 

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/3b/fe8e35f2f5ae32e10000009b38f839/content.htm?current_toc=/en/40/fe8e35f2f5ae32e10000009b38f839/plain.htm&show_children=true

Thank you for your help,

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 January 2015 - 10:29 AM.
moved from Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi again,

Someone please?

Thank you,

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

this is a matter of printing the page, but using a pdf creator as the printing machine rather than a true physical paper and ink printer.

I would suggest trying to use google chrome, you can use the following method:

1.navigate to the page you wish to save
2.click on the "sandwich" icon in the top right corner
3.click on "print"
4.on the left hand side of the pop-up screen that has just appeared there is a section marked "destination"
5.within this "destination" section clcik the button marked "change"
6.select "save as pdf"
7.click "save" and then specify the file name and folder where you want the pdf saving to
8.if you still have trouble with the sizes then try adjusting the "margins" "layout" "paper size" options or the "headers and footers" and "background graphics" tick boxes.

Edited by rp88, 01 February 2015 - 01:07 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

If you're using Firefox you might give the add-on/extension "Print pages to Pdf" a try:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/print-pages-to-pdf/?src=ss.

It has a "Zoomfactor" setting:
http://printpdf.pf-control.de/index.php/en/styling.html.

#5 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Many appreciations boys for your replies,

I use Google Chrome,

Sorry, but I tried rp88 method, trying to adjust margins, but still when I zoom in the text is still outside from the page.

rp88, or anyone can save any web page maybe a text one(if you don't want to save those ones from the first topic) to pdf with my demand?

For example this page with the topic could someone save it to pdf and when I zoom in to 200 to remain all the text in the window?

I hope you understand what I mean, is like in notepad, when you check the Word Wrap format.

Excuse me for my insistantions, 

Have a wonderful evening,

#6 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

Hello again,

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very mcuh,

#7 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

I think i have worked out what might be wrong, on html pages sometimes when you zoom in the content readjusts itself so it always fits within your screen, but zooming into a pdf is much more like zooming into an image, the text stays the same size relative to the things around it. Imagine a pdf being like an image, as you zoom in you see a smaller and smaller piece blown up to fill your whole screen, nothng within the pdf resizes relative to other things within the pdf so you can't zoom in without losing the edges across the sides of your screen. There is no "solution" to this, unless you want to copy the text of the page and paste it into another document type, or save the html page as an html document which is available offline(this can be done quite easily).

Atleast that's what i THINK is going on, i am assuming you have NOT found yourself in a situation where the text expands faster than the rest of the pdf document when you zoom in, i don't think such a situation is possible but i ought to check.

Edited by rp88, 08 February 2015 - 11:38 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#8 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

The following three picks are snapshots from PDF files created using the Pale Moon web browser and the Print pages to Pdf :: Firefox Add-on.

This first pick is from your first link to: FI - Bank Accounting.
BC_xspeed_F1-Banking.jpg
^ The image encased in blue was enlarged using the Image Zoom :: Firefox Add-on in the web page before creating the PDF file with the "Print pages to Pdf" add-on.

Second pick is from your second link to: Bank Accounting (FI-BL) - SAP Library.
BC_xspeed_Bank_Sample-2.jpg
^ The font size had to be reduced a little in the "Print pages to Pdf" settings for this one, otherwise there would have been to much character overlap due to the word wrap.

Third pick is from your post#5.
xspeed_htmlurl_to_pdf.jpg
^ Font size was reset to 24 in the "Print pages to Pdf" settings before creating the PDF file.

You won't have to do any zooming in your PDF viewer if you have the viewer set to display pages in a "Fit width" mode since the PDF files will be created with the enlarged fonts.

If you can find a "Print pages to Pdf" add-on or similar for Chrome, you will be good to go.

To enlarge an individual images on a web page, you will need an add-on for Chrome similar to: "Image Zoom" add-on for Firefox.

At this point, I don't have any other ideas.

#9 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Thank you very much for your effort FlannelBack, 

I have tried to find plugins for Chrome for Print pages to pdf, with font size option.

I've found these two plugins

1. "Print or PDF with CleanPrint" - which doesn't have font size setting

2. "Print Friendly & PDF" - which has maximum 130% "Text size", I would be interested in a bigger size if it's possible.

I have tried Cute PDF too, but it doesn't have font size too.

Does anyone know any other extensions for Chrome or soft which can help me?

Thank you, 

Edited by xspeed, 14 February 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#10 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

Only other thought is to try a portable version of Firefox:

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com
Alternate:
Download Mozilla Firefox Portable - MajorGeeks

or a portable version of Pale Moon: Pale Moon - portable!

Then install the "Print pages to Pdf" add-on/extension.
If you choose to try Pale Moon, be sure to download the 32-bit(x86) version as  "Print pages to Pdf"   won't work with the 64-bit(x64) version.

#11 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

Many appreciations again FlannelBack for your help,

Maybe I will try your suggestion,

Until then, nobody knows any extension for Chrome?

or any other Print pages to Pdf software which can integrate with Chrome and have font resize option.

Thank you,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users