Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to check/clean a network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scott Stoef

Scott Stoef

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

I've got a Asus RT-N66U router that I have setup with WPS-2 security and firewall enabled.  I use my work laptop on my home network occasionally and it has McAfee Endpoint Encryption software on it.  Every once in a while I see a message pop up that says "Port scan attack is logged".  I'm not really sure what this is, but I'm starting to wonder if my home network has been compromised.  There is also an issue with some of my work applications, like Lync, giving me a exchange server error messages.

Other than scanning all of the computers on the network, which I constantly do with MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware, is there something else I should be doing?  I recently downloaded a program that gave me the Vosteran hijacker on my main PC, but I was able to get that cleaned off, but it wasn't easy. All of scans I've done come back without any findings, other than tracking cookies,  I'm sure I could be using a more robust scanner, but at what risk?  Like most people I have a lot of other wifi enabled devices (smart phone, iPad, TVs, DVD players, and Roku) using the network.  

I really don't want to blow the everything away because I'm nervous, is there something else I can do.  The only other thing I can think of doing is rebuilding all of the computers with a clean version of Windows and resetting the network back to factory defaults and setting everything up again. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users