Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having problems with RunDLL entry

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 charmac

charmac

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with a RunDLL  issue, First of all let me explain my situation, I have little or no knowledge of how computers work, I'm sixty four years old and as you might appreciate not at all up to any kind of standard as regards techno stuff, I just use the computer to keep in contact with my friends, anyway the thing is, lately when I start the computer in morning I get a small window saying, 

Error in C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\dlcjtimedll

missing entry : Rundill entry

I usually click ok and continue with whatever I want to do, but after a short while (may be 5/10 minutes) the computer cuts out and I get a blue screen saying

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or has been terminated.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.

If he screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new installation or software is properly installed

if it is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If the problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.

Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use safe mode to remove or delete components, restart your computer.

Press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information :

xxx STOP : 0xooooooF4 (0xooooooo3, 0x8ao4f33o, 0x8ao4f4a4,0x8o50d22da)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support for further assistance.

And as I don't understand a word of the jargon I just unplug the computer and then reboot and I have no problems for the rest of the day until I start again the next morning, Is there any thing to prevent this happening in the future, any help or guidance will be  gratefully appreciated 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Does it happen if you boot into Safe Mode?

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#3 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

I have never booted in safe mode, so I can't really answer that at the moment. it doesn't crash every day I start the computer only the

Error in C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\dlcjtimedll

missing entry : Rundill entry

happens every day, the blue screen happened every day this week except this morning, there was no problem but it happening regularly over the last couple of weeks, even if I started in safe mode I still wouldn't know what to do :scratchhead:   

Edited by charmac, 29 January 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#4 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

Happening irregularly does pose an inconvienence. However, I may have found a solution. First though, have you ever had a Dell printer connected to this computer?

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#5 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

Yes there's one connected at the moment.
Oh By the way, thank you so much for taking the time help me out,

#6 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

The blue screen just happened again this moment, I never got the time to finish the post 

I just wanted to say to you please have patience with me I may be a bit slow but I'll get there eventually 

Edited by charmac, 30 January 2015 - 04:39 AM.

#7 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

It's a common issue with certain Dell All-in-One printers. First, try to completely remove the printer drivers and software, reboot the machine, and reinstall the drivers.

#8 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

Have you any information on how I should go about doing this ?

#9 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Try this: http://www.vmaxx.net/techinfo/kb/manually_delete_print_drivers.htm.

#10 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Ok here's what I have shown on my screen

Print sever properties

forms ports [drivers] ADAVANCED

D3GL432J

installed printer drivers

CAPTURE FAX intel window 2000 or xp
Del Photo AID Printer 964 intel window or xp
Microsoft OFFICE Docum... intel window or xp
Miceosoft XPS Documan.. intel windows or xp

Add Remove Replace Properties

[OK] [Cancel]

Do I remove all of these and reboot and if so how do I reinstall the drivers ?

#11 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

Uninstall this one: "Del Photo AID Printer 964 intel window or xp".

To reinstall the driver, go to here, scroll down to "Browse for a product" and select your printer. Then scroll to "Drivers & downloads" and install all recommended drivers listed there.

#12 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

It won't let me remove Del Photo AID Printer 964 intel window or xp. it says

unable to remove Dell Photo AOI Printer 964 intel window or xp. the specified printer driver is currently in use

Edited by charmac, 01 February 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#13 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

I think I got it sorted now, No Error in Rundill entry warning, and no blue screen so far :)

thank you very much Portaller for your patience and help, you're a true gentleman/lady ;)

#14 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Excellent! And you're welcome.

#15 charmac

charmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

Both back again this morning :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users