Well, the list of processes you gave is normal beacsue I too have 5 svchosts running; however, when I used ZA Free, it never blocked a svchost which implies that you may indeed have a trojan. If you're using Windows 2k or Windows XP try using Ewido Anti-Spyware and see if it comes up with anything (if you have a malware problem, chances are Ewido will detect something and remove it).
Here are the instructions for utilizing Ewido in the most efficient way:
Please download Ewido anti-spyware 4
; it is a 30 day trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- Ewido will automatically run at the end.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the top row of the main screen click update.
- Then click on "Start Update".
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the top will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesDon't run it yet.Reboot into SAFE MODE
By pressing the F8
key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
Open Ewido anti-malware
Click on the scanner button in the top row.
- Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- During the scan it will prompt you to clean files if any infections are found, click OK
Reboot into normal mode