Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 keeps looping on the Windows Error Recovery Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lulucomer

lulucomer

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Hello! I am trying to repair a friend's Gateway NE56R (Acer) laptop. It has Windows 7 Prem loaded on it. I have the set of 4 Recovery discs, 1System Disc and 1 Language Disc, they are all Factory Discs, not self made recovery discs. When I turn on the PC it shows the Gateway Logo then it flashes a small white line in the far upper left hand corner of the screen, then next it is followed by "Starting Windows" then it goes straight to the Windows Error Recovery screen. It just loops back to that screen over and over. I tried using the recovery discs using both the full recovery and the save the data recovery options. It goes all the way through the whole process of loading the discs one by one, then it asks for the Start Up disc last but not least the language disc. When it is done it reboots the PC right back to the Windows Error Recovery screen. I tried picking the safe modes, well I tried several choices on the Recovery screen, such as Safe Mode, Normal...  But so far nothing seems to work. I've managed to bring up a page with the choices of Windows 7 and "Run A Memory Test", I tried both. The Memory test says it does not find any problems. Then it boots up to the Windows Recovery Error screen.

I'm guessing that the start up, or boot  sequence has a bad , corrupt, or missing file in it. I found the TestDisc offer on here and thought that it might help my problem but figured I would get a second opinion on that idea before just jumping into running the TestDisc .

So if anyone can help me get past the Windows Error Recovery and boot the PC, I would truly appreciate your help and the exact steps that I should take, that would be really great! Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

Me...I would run a hard drive diagnostic to see if that's the root problem...before exploring other options. 

Louis

#3 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

Is there a way to if you can not access any files on the laptop?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Sure...the following tool is one of several that could be used.

Guide, SeaTools For DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOSguide.pdf

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users