Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop shut down by itself.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dj_CLiNT

dj_CLiNT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

ey guys i have the a little bit the same problem...my laptop shut down by itself..i tried to clean the cpu fan..but after how many days..it still go back to shutting down by itself...can you help me with this problem..thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:50 AM

Laptops typically shut down due to overheating (much heat, small area). There are several remedies for this. Since it was shutting down before you messed with the fan, the fan is probably not the problem, however, it could be overworked because of excessive heat elsewhere. You could go into the BIOS and see if there is a hardware monitoring feature that can be analyzed and adjusted accordingly. There is a possibility that the processor is going bad. You could disassemble the laptop and coat the internals with thermal cooling compound (available at most computer retail stores). You could purchase a laptop cooling pad. These come in many varieties with such things as extra fans and increased air flow space. The cheap simple solution would be to maximize the power-save features, turn off the laptop often to allow it to cool down, leave the AC adapter plugged in only long enough to fully charge the battery, raise the laptop off of a flat surface during use, ensure the few vents are clear and available for maximum airflow, and have a fan (any fan) blowing directly on the laptop in the vicinity of the processor while in use.

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

To monitor the temperature try using Speedfan. It will also monitor the power supply outputs. The temperature of the CPU should never go above 60C. If the temp is too high you could try opening up the case and cleaning out any dust that may have accumulated inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users