Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumbnails not showing up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trevzilla

trevzilla

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hi All, would love some help with this - in theory - easy problem. It's just that I've tried all the solutions that my Google-Fu skills have turned up, and nothing seems to be working for me.

The issue is this: Essentially when I open a folder with photos in it, I only see jpg icons. I do not see the thumbnails of the photos.

Some weird things that are happening: When I change the view from large icons to medium icons, nothing special happens besides the icon images getting smaller. But when I change BACK from medium to large, I briefly see the correct thumbnails, and as I watch the icon image literally loads over the thumbnails one by one. Essentially I have to sit there and cry as I watch all my thumbnails disappear and turn into useless icons. If I try this a second time in the same folder, nothing special happens anymore. I simply see the icon image.

I've made sure that clicking "organize->folder and search options->view (tab)->Always show icons, never thumbnails" is UNCHECKED.

I've made sure that clicking "start->control panel->system->advanced system settings->settings (under performance)->Show thumbnails instead of icons is CHECKED

I've run disk cleanup and cleaned up my thumbnail cache.

I've downloaded a "Clear_and_Reset_Thumbnail_Cache.bat" file from a different forum and run that several times.

And yet, I still only see icons.

I will admit that the pictures I am trying to view are on an external hard drive, but I do have a couple photos on my desktop that are also only showing icons instead of thumbnails.

Anybody out there have any ideas what could be happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users