Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox 35 -- displaying and reading Chinese lang.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Hello. My name is Pjotr.

I use Firefox version 35 by now; I use Facebook, and I have plenty of Chinese friends there. So, I'm tired of Bing-translating the messages all the time.

...can you show me (step-by-step please, with links) how to implement a Chinese Trad. & Simplified language packs there? ...so I could see the actual Chinese hieroglyphs?
Where to attach it, to the browser or to my OS?

I need these 4 languages:
Chinese Traditional.
Chinese Simplified.
Korean.
Japanese.

.....please, incl. a step-by-step instructions on where to go and what to install. incl. the links, if applicable.

I would like "quietman7" to guide me here personally.

Thanks! :D

P.S. Remember Firefox version 29? ...the design - all gray, clear, only thin spades and blocks. ...it was brilliant! I haven't used my computer for 6 months, and only got to my Firefox at version 34, downloading it afterwards. Do you know the version at which they have changed to this "mozzy", thick spade design (which I dislike)? ...which was the latest gray?

my OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional x86, with SP3 (Russian)
my web-browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 35 (with add-block plus and add-block plus anti-popup add-ons).

Edited by hamluis, 29 January 2015 - 02:09 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dnap

dnap

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

I use the classic theme restorer addon for Firefox, which you can customize, and it looks much better than the newest design.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

Motherboard -MSI 990FXA-GD80

Ram - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Video Card - MSI Radeon R9 280

Storage - Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM

Power Supply - hec XP1080 800W

Case - Antec DF-35

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

You need to install the XP language pack for East Asian languages. You will need your XP install disk.

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_install_languages.mspx

If you do not have the install disk see this.

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

dnap, the link(s)?

Thanks, JohnC, I'll visit the link and will try my best to understand the whole process..... :)

#5 dnap

dnap

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Just go into your Firefox browser, and go to Tools > Add-ons, and in the search bar on the top right corner, type in "classic theme" or just "classic" and look for classic theme restorer.

Or just go here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

It's super customizable, you will probably spend a little while figuring out what you like and don't like, but I love the add-on.

Edited by dnap, 31 January 2015 - 12:38 PM.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

Motherboard -MSI 990FXA-GD80

Ram - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Video Card - MSI Radeon R9 280

Storage - Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM

Power Supply - hec XP1080 800W

Case - Antec DF-35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users