Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

duplicate music files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cinco

cinco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

It's been an old issue but I still have the problem of dupliate music files. How can I delete the extra copies of songs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Mind to check if any of the programs despicted in this link fits your needs?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

If they are true duplicates (same file name, same extension)...all you have to do is put all of them in one folder...each dupe will ask if you want to replace the previous version of the same file.

Louis

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

That doesn't actually work as well as you'd think hamluis. Take my sister's music folder, she has around 50 GB of music, divided in about 15 different folders for categorizing. Mixing all in one folder would mean losing the categories and a lot of time there are some files named slightly different that basically has the same song in it.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#5 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have used dupeGuru (in Datcoolguuy's link) in the past, and it works very well. It should be just what you're looking for.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users