Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitman Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adams369

Adams369

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Just wondering if I could have a little more info on hitman pro. Is it stand alone and is a license key only used to remove malware from computer. Just wondering because I have an antivirus with real time protection don't want any conflicts. I really like malwarebytes and its free but thought I would try hitman pro but it looks like it needs a license key. so is it worth having or no.

Mod Edit: Moved to Antivirus Tools...~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 27 January 2015 - 07:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a.h.h.10

a.h.h.10

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

I've used it two different times as a second opinion. I run it as a one-time scan and have used it without a license key. I have McAfee and SUPERAntiSpyware installed on my computer; the only one out of the two that has real-time protection is McAfee. I have not had any conflicts while using Hitman Pro. If you're not sure, disable it temporarily.

As for Malwarebytes, I'm not sure if you'll have a conflict.

During the scan, Hitman Pro will send unknown files to a "cloud" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HitmanPro#Scan_types) so if you usually run scans without an Internet connection (like I do on one computer), you will need an Internet connection during the scan. The scan runs fast.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

I would take Malwarebytes over HitmanPro, personal opinion only. Last time I used HitmanPro, you needed the paid version to remove threats that were found, and you can enable a 30 days trial, after which you have to pay. Malwarebytes removes threat founds with the free version but add real time protection in the paid version. Therefore, what you can do for 30 days with Hitman Pro (and real time protection) you can do it for free (less real time protection) on Malwarebytes free. Also, HitmanPro and Malwarebytes are meant to be Antimalware that by definitions are designed to run well alongside Antivirus products, and they do. I've seen pretty much every Antivirus products runs with Malwarebytes Premium (which have real time protection) and never seen a single conflict related issue from that. So yes, it is safe to use Malwarebytes, free or paid, and/or HitmanPro with an Antivirus product.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

HitmanPro Second Opinion Malware Scanner

...HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer...HitmanPro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts...HitmanPro does not need to be installed. It can be run straight from a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive....HitmanPro offers you a Free Scan for a second opinion. It is designed to check if your security measures work. If nothing is found (and we sincerely hope so), then you will never need a license.

When a virus is found, then you will receive a free 30-day license to remove the threat.

HitmanPro BleepingComputer Review

HitmanPro is an anti-virus program that describes itself as a second opinion scanner that should be used in conjunction with another anti-virus program that you may already have installed. If malware slips past your anti-virus software, HitmanPro will then step in to detect it. Though SurfRite bills themselves as a second opinion scanner that does not mean that you cannot use the program as your primary anti-virus product. This is because its scanning technology not only incorporates its own virus definitions but also has the ability to scan files on your computer with the definitions of 5 other anti-virus vendors.

A strong feature of HitmanPro is its Scan Cloud feature. This feature comes into play when HitmanPro detects a suspicious file that they are unsure of. When a suspicious file is detected, HitmanPro will upload the file to their cloud where it will then be scanned by 5 other anti-virus vendors. Using the scan results from these vendors, HitmanPro will then decide when or not that file should be classified as malware and removed. This approach is very effective as it allows a more thorough approach to detecting new malware.

HitmanPro also includes the ability to create a bootable USB drive that contains HitmanPro.Kickstart. Kickstart is a full featured version of HitmanPro that can be run directly from the bootable USB drive. This makes it very useful for removing stubborn infections, such as Ransomware, that corrupt Windows Safe Mode or disable your ability to access the Windows Desktop.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users