Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

link for tutorial on reinstall of win7HP from bootable USB-

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

Sweet, can't thank you enough- your on my hallmark list for life...  :guitar: Attached File  009.jpeg   13.59KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

No problem :) Let me know once the installation is complete, and I'll help you since I'm sure you'll miss other drivers, but I'll link you them so you can install them. Make sure to install every Windows Updates first :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#18 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

right on- this will be a tomorrow project as i have to get my ass to the gym, skiing in 3 weeks with older brother, whom just lost 30lbs doing Tapout, I skied on mogul tour for 2 years, now, i get tierd running to the bathroom.

Thanks again,

MT

#19 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;
Also, if you check under Display Apdaters, what is listed?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#20 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

I have no "other devices" just system devices, which has 32 different entries. wish i could copy/paste them, any way to do that? wicked headache from last nights shenanigans.

#21 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

If there's no Other devices, then it means that all your drivers are installed. Also, this is your graphic card drivers, that you should download and install:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55034.exe

unite_blue.png

#22 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

I think i mite just buy some more RAM, which i would hope would stop the crashing Firefox and slow paging and what seems to be overheating( cleaned out internal fan and checked thermal paste)

#23 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

thank you. will install now.

#24 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

I'm getting a "this computer contains driver versions newer than the ones you are about to install"

could that have been the issue?

#25 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

It means that the graphic card drivers are currently more recent than the ones I want you to install, so cancel the installation for now. When you go in Device Manager, under Display Adapters, what do you see listed?

unite_blue.png

#26 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

to late, installed them. i can always update them.

Intel ® Graphics Family

#27 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

That's good then, they'll update naturally via the next Windows Updates. Or if you want, right-click on Intel ® Graphics Family and select Properties. From there, go in the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list. Copy/paste the first line in the middle box here.

unite_blue.png

#28 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_1695103C&REV_09

#29 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

These would be the most up to date drivers for Intel HD Graphics Family 3000, straight from Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23764&lang=eng&ProdId=3319

unite_blue.png

#30 tvc19

tvc19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

right on - i have the Intel Graphics driver utility which seems useless, always says driver is up to date, which it was not. I'm getting a lot of freezing, super slow paging and there's very little physical memory left, that's why i was thinking of a reinstall, would really like to avoid that if possible. read something about memory remapping, any thoughts on that? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users