Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cobian Backup has an error; not sure what it is or what to do.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Momadice

Momadice

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

After following the setup instructions for Cobian Back Up, I used the program to back up my laptop to a terabyte external hard drive.  I had the following errors occur.

ERR 2015-01-27 13:33 An error occurred while compressing the file "GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\hiberfil.sys": Cannot open the file.
    2015-01-27 13:40 Checking for new versions...
    2015-01-27 13:40 Your program is up to date
    2015-01-27 13:46 Loading the task list: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cobian Backup 11\DB\MainList.lst
ERR 2015-01-27 13:48 An error occurred while compressing the file "GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\OEM\Preload\EventLog\AuditAlaunch.zip": Cannot open the file.
ERR 2015-01-27 13:48 An error occurred while compressing the file "GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\OEM\Preload\EventLog\UserAlaunch.zip": Cannot open the file.
ERR 2015-01-27 13:48 An error occurred while compressing the file "GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\pagefile.sys": Cannot open the file.

I did a quick search on the internet to see what popped up, and it seems there may be a possibility that I have an infection.  My generic search had 'bleeping' at the front followed by the problem and there was a posting in 2010 to a bleeping virus forum which is why I am posting this query here now. Is it possible to find out about these errors and what they mean?  If this is the wrong place to post this query, my apologies and please let me know where to post this information to find out about this error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users