Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar network icon shows no internet, but internet accessible.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Scott

Simon Scott

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hello,

Several user PCs on my work domain show that there is no Internet access (yellow exclamation mark on network icon... right hand side of taskbar, but they are connected to the domain. Even though it's still possible to browse the Internet.

I've tried updates, disabling/enabling NIC driver, disabling/enabling & removing/replacing network connection. Reinstalling the network driver and re-joining PCs to the domain. But to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Simon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

What OS? What if you log in with a different user? Can you post a screenshot of a ipconfig /all? 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

Sounds like the interface showing in the task bar isn't the one being used for network/internet access.

ipconfig /all will tell us more.

#4 Simon Scott

Simon Scott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Thank you both for your response. OS is Win7. Affects several (Not all) users across the domain. Will do a ipconfig /all and capture/post it when I get back to work tomorrow.

Thanks again... Simon

#5 Simon Scott

Simon Scott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Screen shot of ipconfig /all as requested....

Simon.

Attached Files

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

well crap....that all looks fine lol. How many users/PCs are doing this? 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#7 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

When you get the internet not accessible message can you ping the gateway ip?  Does nslookup yahoo.com work?

#8 Simon Scott

Simon Scott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

CaveDweller2... I haven't taken a count of how many PCs it's affecting. But, as I go round the office doing other stuff, I would say the majority of PCs are affected. There is approx 60 PCs in total in office. 

Wand3r3r...I have not tried pinging GW IP, since I was getting Internet access I never thought to try. It only indicates that I've no Internet. And no, I've not tried 'nslookup'. So possible DNS issue maybe??

My gut feeling is, problem lies on DC. Possibly to do with AV software (AVG). But could be wrong.... It's annoying me now.

Thanks again for you responses.

Simon.

#9 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

nslookup yahoo.com will test your dns configuration.

Do you have your isp dns servers ip addresses listed in the forwarders on your dns servers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users