Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computers on Network Suddenly Cannot Connect to Internet?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DoktorD1313

DoktorD1313

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

There are two computers on our network that "suddenly" stopped connecting to the internet according to the user. All the other computers are running just fine. Neither Google Chrome or IE can connect to any webpage. However, both computers can access anything else on the network and also randomly change from showing "internet access" to "no internet access" in the network center. Also, even though no webpages can be loaded, the computer is still apparently connected to the internet because they can be accessed remotely through Team Viewer from outside the network over the internet.

System Restore helped with nothing and I tried to install Ad-Aware to do a scan, but the installation fails because it cannot connect to the internet.

The machines are running Windows 7 Professional x64 bit.

It was the same user who was on both machines when they went down, and based on the browsing history, it looks like this could possibly be related to some sort of malware/spyware as opposed to coincidental hardware issues.

**Edit** - I did check the Ethernet cables with my laptop and have no issues connecting to the internet from the laptop.

Edited by DoktorD1313, 27 January 2015 - 09:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

I hope your company's security infrastructure's intact and strong, so that whatever is troubling these two computers [via downloads and/or internet installs] will not travel to other computers within the company.  Could the company-wide security systems also be "interrupting" this particular user's "interneting?"

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users