Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates Won't Install and Cannot Install Itunes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dean1390

Dean1390

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

Hello!

Well, I seem to get closer to being fixed but there's always something that pops up........

Windows updas fail to to install.  I get code 643 and code 80070050

iTunes will not install and I get a long-winded error explanation but it is essentially tied to code 0x80070091

Recognize this might be two separate threads but I thought the issues might be related since they pertain to "installs"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

Hello,

About the first problem (with Windows update) can you pleas chek out this link and tell me if it works for you?

Is iTunes already installed or was it before? Is there any folder what can locate to iTunes on your system?

Best regards.

#3 Dean1390

Dean1390
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

Well - that made matters worse!  I ran Method 2 in your link and the update ran.  restarted my computer and and got a Preparing to configer windows message at start up then Failure configuring service pack, reverting changes.  the machine then shut down and the previous cycle repeated.  I cannot get the machine to boot up as it's stuck in an update cycle.

***  Edit ***  It just finished and allowed me to logon.  Will check is updates will run and move to Method 3 if not.

Edited by Dean1390, 27 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#4 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

I only saw 2 links there?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997

So I'm not sure what you did.

Edit: Fixed second link.

Edited by M. de Jager, 27 January 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#5 Dean1390

Dean1390
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

OK - So using the second link there were a number of methods that were suggested.  I went through them - results are:

Method 1 - Restart, updates failed

Method 2 - Noted in my post above  Was finally able to logon.

Method 3 - Returned a "You must be an administrator to run the SFC utility"

Method 4 - Stop Cryptsvs "System error 5 access denied

Method 5 - 1 of 3 registry keeys found.  Deleted as instructed and restarted.  One of 3 updates installed.  2 failure codes (643, 80070BC9)

Method 6 - Entered commands as requested.  tried to install files BSOD and restart.  Was able to login.

Method 7 - Verified antivirus was not scanning files

Method 8 - access denied

Method 9 - access denied

Did not attempt methods 9 and 10.  Updates will still not install.

#6 Go The Power

Go The Power

• BC Advisor
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

Hello,

This could be an issue with the TrustedInstaller Service. The error you are getting with Windows update is not very help 80070050 means "Error File exists".

When you tried to run SFC /SCANNOW did you launch Command Prompt as an Administer?

#7 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

Run sfc /scannow from an administrative command prompt.

Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool.

Download and run SFCFix.

When complete, upload CheckSUR.log (from C:\windows\logs\cbs\) and SFCFix.txt (should be on your desktop) with your next reply.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users