Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor annoyance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peem

peem

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

Hi,I am running an HP Pavilion Touchsmart laptop (8.1) 64 bit and all is running well except for the cursor. It has a blue spinning circle next to it permanently. Everything works as it should but it is becoming very annoying. 

Any ideas as to how I can get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

Right click on your task bar and choose Task Manager.

Look down the list of processes and see what is using CPU.

Then look in Start-up tab and look down the list for programs you can disable.

Right click on a Program and chose disable to prevent it from automatically starting when the computer boots up.

Reboot to test.

#3 peem

peem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hi HairCut and thanks for replying.

Boy everything jumps about a lot in Task Manager doesn't it!

The one thing that seems to use most CPU,when my eyes stopped spinning, seems to be HP connected Remote service??

In Startup I only have six programs enabled and wouldn't know which to disable. They are

'Avast', 'Ccleaner', 'Everything' 'HP Coolsense',  'IDT PC Audio' (no Idea what that is), and Java Update Scheduler.

#4 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

Do you use HP Connect Remote service? If you don't, You could disable it or remove it.

What is HP Connected Remote?  (from Hewlett-Packard)
HP Connected Remote allows you to remotely browse, search, and playback media on your PC from anywhere in your house using a smartphone or tablet. Using your smartphone or tablet as a remote, you can wirelessly control your favorite media applications, such as Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, iTunes, and PowerDVD. The HP Connected Remote PC application comes preinstalled on your HP Windows 8 PC.

#5 peem

peem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Ok that is done and for the moment it seems to have done the trick,,i.e no annoying spinning wheel thingy.

Cheers HairCut.

#6 Firebeast

Firebeast

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

If it happens again check to see if someone changed your curser graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users