Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vosteran taking over?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lost society

lost society

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:11 AM

Hi guys and girls..

Im having some issues with Vosteran . It keeps changing my home page on line and changing the default search page. my anti virus etc is up to date. I have Avast, malwarebytes and Ccleaner. . they scan daily but malwarebytes always finds Vosteran, removes it then it comes back sometimes instantly.. 

I believe it was Vosteran that literally destroyed my computer recently and i had to reboot and wipe it. SInce then its been working alot soother but i cant seem to rid my system of this ..

Any ideas folks before i :smash: ??

Thanks 

:tophat:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

Same computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564451/computer-infected-what-can-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557596/please-help-new-computer-infected-already/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 lost society

lost society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

yep same laptop mate. i seem to have got it sorted now, got premium malwarebytes, Ccleaner and avast. so fingers corossed. i dont know why i keep getting infected. i use it for the most basic of things

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

The reason I asked?

If you want to receive some help in the future I suggest you don't abandon topics you started like with those two I mentioned.

If you do nobody will bother anymore.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 lost society

lost society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

I haven't abandoned anything? Its a different issues. Didn't realise I had to continue with old threads for a new issue? :-\ one of those threads were from last november.. The other was a question on what av programs I should be using and if the combo of programs I have is a good one? IMO, different to the question in this thread..

Also when suddenly I turn my laptop on and I've been infected an suddenly its adding random programs to my desktop or nothing will load its quite difficult to find an old thread I started.. It was hard enough writing this thread while my laptop was going beserk....

Edited by lost society, 29 January 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#6 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

It is my opinion that you should probably talk to a malware removal expert.

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#7 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

I have a problem with 

vosteran as well just thought i'd throw that in there however i'll be making my post about this.... good luck to ya :)

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

@ lost society

What I'm saying is this.

You opened mentioned two topics in the past.

Couple of people posted their replies but you never bothered to reply back.

That's abandonment to me.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 lost society

lost society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

My apologies. I didn't reply as the issue got resolved and I should of said thank you. I've got a crazy hectic life and didn't want to prove rude or ungrateful. This forum is such a huge help for me. I'm learning about computers through this forum.. I seem to have resolved the issue AGAIN and I couldn't be more grateful
I really didn't realise Anyone would worry that much .

Edited by lost society, 30 January 2015 - 01:41 AM.

#10 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

The issue will most probably resurface unless your computer is properly cleaned.

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

#11 lost society

lost society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

OK. I did think the same thing. Should I take it to a shop? I have reset it and deleted everything or is that not enough

#12 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

Reformatting the drive and reinstalling the operating system or getting the computer cleaned by a trained expert (many of which can be found at BC for free) are the only two ways to ensure cleanliness.

#13 Billy_Parts

Billy_Parts

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

My apologies. I didn't reply as the issue got resolved and I should of said thank you. I've got a crazy hectic life and didn't want to prove rude or ungrateful. This forum is such a huge help for me. I'm learning about computers through this forum.. I seem to have resolved the issue AGAIN and I couldn't be more grateful
I really didn't realise Anyone would worry that much .

Responding to all responses to threads you start asking for help is a mandatory courtesy.  People being what they are, most volunteers understand that they don't always get responses, but multiple offenses from a single person is a major red flag, and I validate the previous sentiments regarding "abandonment".  It's not the thread it's the lack of gratitude shown to the persons that tried to help, and got nothing in return for it.  i.e. ignored.

From the perspective of the person trying to help, at least from me, I'm a bulldog.  A fighting, grab the malware by the throat and shake it hard until it dies kind of bulldog and I don't give up and I don't quit and I don't just "let go" because someone else told me to stop, when I get on a situation it's a fight to the death.  In short, people get emotionally invested in the "fight", and so they have an investment in how it turns out.  For me, personally, it's not so much the gratitude as it is the information on "how it turned out".  It's like reading a novel and never reading the last chapter.  All that time and emotion put into something and you never know whether or not you did any good, or wasted your time, or what.

It's good you are learning computer repair on this forum.  I learned a lot on another forum, over years and now I make money doing it.  At some point in a person's development, they need to start giving something back and helping someone that knows less than they do.  No matter how little a person knows, there's always someone that knows less and can use the help.  It doesn't take much to transition from being someone that receives help, to someone that gives it.

Why.  Because when it's YOU that's trying to help, and you offer a suggestion and don't get a response, then you know EXACTLY what it's like.  No one has to tell you because it's happened to you, and you know.  Makes for a better, healthier and more balanced person, which transitions into real life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users