Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shuts down, fan and power led will not

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dady99

dady99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

I have a strange problem with shutting down my computer with Win 8.1 64bit.

The computer shuts down, but the CPU fan and power led are still working and do not shut down until I pull the power plug or switch off power supply. I cannot shut it down even with pressing the power button for a number of seconds (power button is set to shutdown in BIOS). I have disabled fast boot and can see in Event viewer the computer actually shuts down completely and then performs cold boot (boot type 0x0). Drivers and BIOS are updated, there is maybe a possible problem with graphic card, Geforce 7600GT, for which I cannot find drivers for Win 8.1 64bit and am using drivers for Win 8 64bit (but everything works normally). If I remove drivers for it and use standard vga driver, the problem stays.

Even typing shutdown /s doesn't help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:03 AM

check Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings

#3 dady99

dady99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

As far as I can see, all settings under Power Options are as needed, did you have some specific setting in mind?

#4 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

it sound like a sleep setting some computers will not shout right down on sleep

#5 dady99

dady99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

Double checked all Power Options, nothing. I tried using other power plans and restoring curent plan, no luck.

Fan and power led never shuts down, I tried leaving it overnight and it was still working in the morning. If I switch off power supply, when turning it back on,the fan starts immediately and the led is on, but I have to press the power button to start computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users