Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

siAvernaeet and Sinhala Meaning in Programs List (win7pro)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kpajewski

kpajewski

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

You guys have always been my "go to" for dealing with malware on customer machines. Today I am stumped. I can't find anything on your site, or anyone else's, about two programs that appeared on my customers machine today. They are "siAvernaeet" and "Sinhala Meaning". Neither have anything listed under the Publisher column. 

Ideas?? I hate to do a full wipe. TIA!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Welcome to BC....but I have to say you must not of used Google Search.

Sinhala Meaning - Chrome Web Store

The Sinhala Meaning extension provides the Sinhala meaning of any English word once you move over on it. "Sinhala Meaning" extension provides the Sinhala meaning of any English word which comes across while browsing through the web pages.

No search result for siAvernaeet .......what did the customer say about this? If he is as clueless as I am what it is then will it uninstall? If not, have you tried

uninstalling using Revo or run scans to find adware and malware? If so, What scans have you run?

EDIT: Using just Avernaeet I get some results for Evernote...could it be another extension in a non-English language for Evernote?

Edited by buddy215, 26 January 2015 - 03:56 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 kpajewski

kpajewski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

I hadn't run any scans yet. I can't believe I didn't think of Revo! Thank you so much for your help! That did the trick. Thanks for your fast response and fantastic advice! Have a great rest of your day! :bananas:

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

That was almost too easy....you're welcome..

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users