Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hdd Not Detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trev Lantin

Trev Lantin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

Got a problem on my Dell laptop having a Fujitsu HDD.

I was working on a project when my 2 yr. old kid pummeled the keyboard repeatedly while I was getting something. My computer then suddenly slowed down and when I rebooted it says HDD was not detected. I let it off for an hour and when I turned it back on, it said that I'll have to do a repair of the Win2K OS (NTFS) using the original CD. The repair failed as the disk scanning was always aborted by an error. So I brought it to a tech guy where he took the hdd out & tried on an enclosure. The USB device was found but the hdd contents were not displayed. He told me that my best bet is to reformat the hdd or try it on other NTFS units using a USB enclosure.

My problem is that I have lots of important data on that HDD that has no backup, mostly pictures my digital camera. Is there any other way that I can recover them? What is my best option? Please give your valuable suggestions. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hi Trev Lantin,

The heads of your hard drive probably bounced into the platters and killed it. It sounds like you have done all the things I would have tried. You can send the drive off for professional data recovery, but that is very expensive.

Visit the Fujitsu site and look at their utility programs: Fujitsu Support and Downloads

I wish you the best of luck Trev,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users