Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error occurs during installation of Kali Linux

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hello gentlemen. I have become interested in playing around with Kali Linux, and I have been trying to install it, however I'm not having any luck. I keep getting the same error when I get to the network setup phase, the screenshot is below.

I know for a fact that the password I am using is correct, so what is causing the error? I  would appreciate your assistance.

KEEpJ4i.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

What version number is it?

Open terminal ant type or copy paste this.

cat /etc/*-release

Hit enter then copy paste the output in your next reply.

Have you updated it since install?

Check the wpa/wpa2 parameters. Your setting should look like this. If you do not select the correct wpa/wpa2 setting it wont work. There is also bug in Kali from what I read.
e7cf2s.png

Some problems are more complicated than others and require additional work to isolate the issue. So, try not to overwhelm the user with possible conflicting information during the troubleshooting process. Wait for the user to report back that step 1 is done and the result before suggesting anything new,

Unless you know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.

Stay on topic Please.

Thank's
Nick.

Be Verbose
When you ask for support you should also include as much information about the problem as possible. Including all of the important details in your first post will greatly speed up the entire support process and allow our volunteers to better assist you. While you may think a particular error message isn't very helpful, it may be the key to resolving your issue. Some details we are looking for would include, but not be limited to:
  •     Your distribution's name (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc), version (17, 14.04, 7, etc), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).
  •     Provide relevant information about your physical hardware or installed software.
  •     Share relevant log files, screenshots, detailed error messages, or anything else that could be used to troubleshoot your issue.

[Community Standards] Properly Giving & Receiving GNU/Linux Support

Edited by NickAu, 26 January 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#3 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

How can I open the terminal to do any of this if I haven't installed it yet? Am I mis-understanding you, or are you mis-understanding me?

But the website says Kali Linux 64 bit 1.0.9a

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

When you boot the PC from Kali Live disk, Everything work ok?

Have you tried installing it without  WiFi connection? If you can connect to the net via cable,  Then after it is installed you can configure WiFi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users