Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No network adapter found

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yepster

Yepster

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hello everyone.

my computer hard drive recently crashed and I was forced to reformat. I didn't have my windows disk on hand so I installed a Linux version and everything worked perfectly there. When I got my windows disk I reformatted the hard drive again and installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit. It automatically installed my graphics card drivers and some others(which is nice), but it didn't install certain drivers such as my network adapter( I have a wireless card in my PCI slot) I installed that driver but I am still not getting any network connectivity. I went to driver manager, and went to details and went to "device instance path" used the code and found what I needed but the thing I according to that I needed the wireless card drivers again, which I already had and reinstalled twice.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this problem?

The ethernet adapter driver also isn't installed but I am using wireless and I assume I get just get those once I actually get internet working.

Thank you for your help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Did this computer originally have Windows Ultimate installed on it?  If it didn't you will not be able to use the product key that came with this computer to activate the operating system.

Did you download and install all of the drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mauguilar

mauguilar

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

You might have the wrong driver installed. Make sure you installed the right driver from the manufacturer.

#4 Yepster

Yepster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

I honestly don't know how what the computer originally came with, throughout the +-15 years of owning it I think that it has had every version of windows installed on it almost. I have got the exact driver installed from the manufacturer of the wireless card. I think I might have the wrong driver though, I am currently installing the network adapter drivers, that is probably pretty important :D. 

Ill keep you updated on whether that will work.

#5 Yepster

Yepster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

I everyone, So I managed to get the internet working via LAN, I downloaded slim drivers and downloaded all my drivers that way.

Problem is my wireless still isnt working.

Like wireless isn't in the adapter settings and ect. I have installed the drivers but that didnt seem to help either.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your wireless adapter in Device Manager. Right click the wireless adapter, select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line in your next post.

#7 Yepster

Yepster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

In device manager it is called "network adapter"

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5360&SUBSYS_3C051186&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5360&SUBSYS_3C051186
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5360&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5360&CC_0280

is what it came up with.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,210 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I am going to have to do a little research on this. It is not a common Ralink chipset. Seems to be referenced to a Dlink adapter.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,210 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

Try this one. If is from ASUS but the inf file has your vendor and device ID. Click on hard drive icon. provide a junk email address and name. Unzip the file and browse to the following

WLAN_Ralink_Win7_64_VER50460.zip\XP64_Win7_64_Win81_64_5.0.46.0\drivers\Win7\x64

Put the X64 folder on your desktop. Go to Device Manager. Right click the device and select update driver. Then select have disk and point it to the inf file in the X64 folder.

#10 Yepster

Yepster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

It worked!

Thank you so much for all your help everybody.

You guys are my heros<3

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,210 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Glad you got your wireless going. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users