Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte motherboard not being recognised as a Gigabyte motherboard?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotty33

scotty33

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hey guys,

Firstly, the reason I had to format my system (custom built - see the following link for the full spec and also the Speccy output link) was due to corrupted Windows files, as outlined here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564095/random-bsods-and-crashes-in-win-7-x64-ultimate/

So now I'm at a stage where, on a completely fresh install of Windows 7 X64 Ultimate, no other software installed, no drivers installed, I get errors relating to the motherboard when I try to install drivers from my mb drivers cd. I put the CD in, it autoruns, I click yes on the UAC message and then it starts scanning my system (indicated by a "Loading" message and a spinning disk) but then stops responding before popping a message up saying that GBT Application has stopped working. I click ok or close (can't remember what options it has) and the Gigabyte drivers program closes. I have also tried going into devmgr and manually installing the USB controllers and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller manually by pointing the driver update wizard at the motherboard cd (as these two have the exclamations next to them in dev mgr.) The network adapter looks as though it installs as it changes from "network adapter" in device manager to "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" but when it finishes the install it states that it found software drivers but encountered a problem (The device cannot start - code 10.) If I try to manually run the chipset driver setup program from the disc, I get an error stating that Windows could not verify if the setup program is an official Windows Installer Package. I also get errors when attempting to install other drivers from the CD that it doesn't recognise my mb as a Gigabyte product! Definately is, came in a Gigabyte box and has been a Gigabyte board up until I formatted the HDD's at the weekend!

Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing this issue and how to go about resolving it? Possibly a faulty mb or is it possible these problems could be caused by a knacked drivers disc? (Hopefully the latter is more likely!)

Thanks guys, if you need anything further, please give me a shout.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,919 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Have you tried downloading the drivers from the MB support site?

I would download and install the Chipset driver first.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3891#dl

#3 scotty33

scotty33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

I haven't yet, mainly because I haven't had net access from a PC all weekend but I'm on it tonight though! Gonna dl the drivers required as well as the latest BIOS flash (just in case the drivers disc is not the issue.)

I can't see it being anything other than the drivers disc or mb/bios that is goosed though right? I've even formatted and reinstalled with three seperate OS discs and the problem persists so I know it's not to do with the OS.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,919 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

You may have a bad driver disk. The ones on the Gigabyte site should work fine.

#5 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Let's not make statements until they are confirmed al right? Let's wait and see if downloading the drivers from Gigabyte's own website is enough

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Also since you did a new OS install it could very well be that any windows updates you did installed newer drivers than what is on your disc.  It could have even come with newer drivers for your hardware that are newer than what is on your disc.  Windows won't install old drivers and could cause it to hang if you tried.  Which is why the best thing to do would be to install the newest drivers from the website as was previously suggested by JohnC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users