Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 10 During Its Free For A Year Phase?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
457 replies to this topic

Poll: Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 10 During Its Free For A Year Phase? (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 10 During Its Free For A Year Phase?

1. Voted Yes (123 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Undecided (50 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. No (27 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

4. I just wanted to participate in the poll (5 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

Vote

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

I'm sure you've all heard the news about Windows 10, the question now is what are you going to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

I just wanted to participate in the poll 

Yes I will. :D

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:19 AM

I'Ll upgrade as soon as it comes out. Free or not from Microsoft, I'll get it for free via MSDN so it doesn't really matter to me :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Nawt0k

Nawt0k

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

I will upgrade but I will end up waiting a little bit to check with driver compatibility, etc.  I've played with the tech demo and everything seems nice and gives me an experience similar to windows 7.  My question for them would be to be able to have an ISO for upgrading of if its simply off the "anytime upgrade."  I do plan to upgrade my laptop to a SSD main drive and a large 3TB+ "junk" drive and around the windows 10 time would be a great spot.  I could probably go the route of creating restore disks, restoring to the NEW SSD, and upgrading from there....but that would just take longer.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

My question for them would be to be able to have an ISO for upgrading ....

Knowing the issues with upgrades, I think that should be a valid option to in-place-upgrade.

On topic: I have adopted the OS as a keeper (at the time of this posting and have papers to return the item to KMart for refund).

Running it exclusively (other than light browsing on tabs & cells).

#6 tberty

tberty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

I will upgrade but depends on how the Windows 10 works.

#7 Delta-V

Delta-V

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

It depends on the viabilty of it as a buisness system. If companys look at windows 10 and say "Nope, not doing that". Then there is no money involved in me learning it, and little point in doing so.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

I learned how to use Windows 8.1, but I don't use it at my job, nor does any of the users I support. What's your point? It's useless to learn something if you can't make money out of it?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

... It's useless to learn something if you can't make money out of it?

That would tend to limit ones growth/experience greatly. I would imagine that this type of constraint and inflexibility would cripple a business at worse and would leave one in the lurch (if one will) should there arise any queries regarding newer OSs at the least.
I have gone so far as to have Windows 10 installed on a rescue laptop (Dell 1545) so that our clients can test drive it (if they are so inclined). It also gives us a platform on which to test programs and familiarize ourselves with newer technology.
Windows 7 will go the way of all other OSs given time. It is still MY fave, but the masses always want Johnny come lately.
We have had a few clients ask us to install Win 10 already. lol

#10 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

... It's useless to learn something if you can't make money out of it?

That would tend to limit ones growth/experience greatly. I would imagine that this type of constraint and inflexibility would cripple a business at worse and would leave one in the lurch (if one will) should there arise any queries regarding newer OSs at the least.
I have gone so far as to have Windows 10 installed on a rescue laptop (Dell 1545) so that our clients can test drive it (if they are so inclined). It also gives us a platform on which to test programs and familiarize ourselves with newer technology.
Windows 7 will go the way of all other OSs given time. It is still MY fave, but the masses always want Johnny come lately.
We have had a few clients ask us to install Win 10 already. lol

I have Windows 10 on a laptop as well .for testing purposes and really like it so far- as far as OS's are concerned,I started with Win98 Second Edition- then to Windows 2000 Pro-and was really upset when MS stopped supporting it- so it was on to XP- and same story again- on to Windows 7 , which I am pretty comfortable with right now- I skipped Win8 and 8.1 because I didn't have a touch screen monitor- still don't- and now learning my way around Windows 10- will this be the last one? Probably not, but hopefully will be using it for quite a long time. Maybe they will start naming them with Roman Numerals after this??????

#11 haybercaro

haybercaro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

its a good or bad version of de OS

#12 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

For me- it's a good version !

#13 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

I like it.

Getting tired of lookin' at Windows 7 anyway.... lol

Edit: I think they should name newer OSs like svelte race cars. Windows Katana or some such thing.

Edited by bludgard, 12 February 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

Well after a while, naming your OS version with numbers might get a bit boring. They'll have to progress one day. Who knows, maybe Windows 10 will be renamed "Windows Spartan" if they release their new browser as well :P

unite_blue.png

#15 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Windows Everything Ultimate! HAHAHAHAHA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users