Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vosteran a virus?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ReneeIII

ReneeIII

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Somehow I have ended up getting vosteran add on my browsers. When I run superantispyware it shows up as an unwanted program. Unable to remove it. I tried downloading a different browser and still have it on it as home page. How do I remove it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hello Renee

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

Download 51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    • Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.
    • Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.
    • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.
    • Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.
    • If no threats were found, click View detailed log.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
    • If the scan detected any threats, click Apply Actions.
      • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes.
      • After reboot, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
      • Check the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan and click View.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
    Providing the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log file
    • Attach the log file you just saved to your next reply for further review.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ReneeIII

ReneeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Wow that was a quick response. I am scanning with ADW cleaner. Thank you so much.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

OK I am around for a bit yet..
You're welcome!! :)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ReneeIII

ReneeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

My virus protection seems to have removed the cleaner as I was trying to remove Vosteran. Downloaded the cleaner and saved it to the desktop. When I open the cleaner I get message SQLite3.dll can't be loaded. I tried to delete the cleaner program so I could start over.I get the message that it is open but it is not. I am stuck now and confused.

Edited by ReneeIII, 25 January 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Let me contact ADW developer.. Can you do the other?

What is your Operating System?

Edited by boopme, 25 January 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#7 ReneeIII

ReneeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Let me contact ADW developer.. Can you do the other?

OS is Windows 7. I was finally able to delete ADW cleaner. Downloaded it again but it will not work. Can't delete it either.

Trying the other cleaner now. The malware program didn't get rid of the vosteran add on.

Tried TFC (Temporary File Cleaner) with no results. Trying MiniToolBox by FArbar now. No results.

Tried Junk Removal tool. It got rid of vosteran on Firefox but not on Google Chrome. So I removed Google Chrome.

When I run superantispyware it show that vosteran is still in my PC. Try to remove it but can't

Edited by ReneeIII, 26 January 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#8 ReneeIII

ReneeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Downloaded eset security and it removed the program

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

Glad to hear it.. Did you run the Malwarebytes and it did not get it ,, Just curious.

#10 ReneeIII

ReneeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

Glad to hear it.. Did you run the Malwarebytes and it did not get it ,, Just curious.

Recently had to do a restore. For a program had snuck in making it impossible to start up laptop normal mode. Ran Adwarecleaner and found vosteran was still on my laptop.

Edited by ReneeIII, 04 February 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

It removed it again. Please run Malwarebytes again.

cvMlKv6.pngESET Online Scanner
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users