Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem(?) after Windows Reinstall

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gotrekt

gotrekt

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hello guys i would like some help if possible with my windows sound. I have decided to reinstall my Windows 7 after many consecutive problems in the last month(safe boot not loading,internet explorer flashes and closes immediately etc..). So the problems i had were fixed after reinstalling except the sound. I dont know why but i believe my sound is lower than before and also in device manager under the Sound,Video and game controllers i have only 2 drivers. The AMD High Definition Audio Device and RealTek High Definition Audio but i am pretty sure that before the reinstallation i had 3 audio drivers under this category. I dont remember the name of that driver so i cant google it. My question is it any way to find the missing driver? i have tried the scan for hardware changes but it doesnt find anything.

Its not a big problem but it sounds kinda weird and i believe the problem is from the missing driver that i dont remember the name of it :(.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Edited by gotrekt, 25 January 2015 - 07:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Hi gotrekt :)

Driver issues? I love these, let's see what we can do. In your Device Manager, click on the View menu and select Show hidden devices. Do you see new devices appear under Sound, Video and Game Controllers?

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;
OlT01aD.pngDxDiag Log
Follow the instructions below to create a dxdiag log and post it in your next reply.
  • Press on the Win Key + R keys to bring up the Run menu;
  • Enter dxdiag in the box and press on Enter;
  • If a message comes up asking you if you want to check if your drivers are digitally signed or not, click on Yes;
  • Once the dxdiag report window open, wait for it to load completely. The progress bar is in the bottom left corner;
  • Click on the Save All Information... button, then save the file on your Desktop as dxdiag.txt;
  • Open the text file, then copy/paste all the content in your next reply;

Edited by Aura., 25 January 2015 - 08:26 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gotrekt

gotrekt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hey bro thanks for answering!! I tried from the device manager to see if any device is hidden but nothing new appeared under the Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

Also i have the log that you asked for if you want to check. Anyway the sound is fine just kinda different than before so not a huge problem. Here is the log but dont waste a lot of time on it ( if you notice something on it feel free to tell me though ! ).

I also believe the driver name that is missing was something like ____optimal.

Attached Files

Edited by gotrekt, 26 January 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

These are the latest drivers available for your sound card, on your specific motherboard.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22888

Download then install them, and restart your computer. Let me know if the sound is back to "normal" after :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gotrekt

gotrekt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Thanks bro i am not home right now but when i go i will download and tell you the results

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

No problem. If it doesn't work, then we'll look somewhere else :)

unite_blue.png

#7 gotrekt

gotrekt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hey bro i have downloaded the drivers from the link that you gave me and after the installation i restarted my pc but i still had the same audio drivers.

Anyway i did something else and my sound is back to its normal volume. I went to sound->playback devices->Speakers->Properties->Enhancements->Loudness Equalization and the volume sounds like before the reinstall.

Thank you so much for your help man , i still don't know what is missing but it was probably something with optimal in the name.

The DxDiag helped me to solve another problem i had by the way with my graphic card so thanks for sharing! I was able to find the problem from the display information and rollback my graphic driver and fix the problem.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

No problem, I'm glad that my posts were able to help you indirectly! As long as the main issue is fixed, it's all good! :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users