Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wintasks 5 Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Right just added wintasks 5 pro to my collection!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Does any1 use it????

How do u use it???? Like how do u spot unwanted processes??????

Cant really notice anything i REALLY dont need. Of course i do have quite a fews running on my laptop but thats my choice... At the mo running 40 processes with most of my progrms i use open.

At least Im not my nooby hopusemate with 60!!!! processes which make his pc take 15!!! minutes to start up
and which half of them r crap n bugs :flowers:

He does a human geography degree == NOOB + too STUPID to do anything else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:trumpet:
MathsDude

Pls let me know if anyone uses it.
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

There are several freeware programs that you can use as an alternative. Some examples are:

WHAT'S RUNNING - An investigative tool for identifying detailed information about running process, services, modules, startups, drivers, IP connections and system info.
http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/main.aspx

STARTER by Codestuff- A startup manager and investigative tool for identifying and gathering detailed information on any programs set to run at startup when Windows loads. A secondary purpose is to list all the running processes, view extended process information (such as used DLLs, memory usage, thread count, priorities etc.), and to terminate selected processes.
http://codestuff.cjb.net/

CurrProcess by Nir Sofer - displays the list of all processes currently running on your system. For each process, you can view the list of all modules (DLL files) that the process loads into memory.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cprocess.html
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 MathsDude

MathsDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:12 AM

Thnxs for the reply.

Will look into it.
What would you recommend???????
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:31 AM

I use both Whats Running and Starter.

Edit: I forgot to mention another excellent free tool that you can use - Process Explorer by Sysinternals - to investigate all processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems.

Edited by quietman7, 25 June 2006 - 12:05 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users