Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aggressive Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zacoru

Zacoru

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

My mother has a Digiland tablet with the Android 4.4 'KitKat' Operating System, she powered on her system one day and found an App called "Clean Master", She also noticed that she couldn't unplug her tablet without it giving her a 'low battery' and shutting down. The device shows no sign of battery life going above 9% when charging. 

I have a windows computer myself, so naturally I find out how to boot into 'safe mode'. but even then, Clean Master is running on startup, and even if you kill it, it doesn't fix the battery. You cannot uninstall it the usual way through the Apps screen, and it does not have any other privileges. She has done a soft and hard reset of her tablet, and somehow the app is still there.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me information about this.

Edit: Found an app on the tablet called 'Battery Warning', which has access to everything, including sending and receiving SMS and Phone calls. It looks extremely suspicious. But again, there isn't a way to remove it.

Edit 2: Charging the power while powered off, goes up 1% about every 10-15 minutes. I am unable to get anything from the play store, I have WiFi, and everything works, but upon trying to download 'avast', google play freezes then crashes.

Edited by Zacoru, 25 January 2015 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

Do you have your android connector leads for your pc. If so go plug it in and search for the thing that is causing it and delete the file/folder. Then if Google play will work after that download an antivirus app and scan

they call me te java mayster

#3 NikkiC87

NikkiC87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

Zacoru, did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same issue.  Thanks!   

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Zacoru, did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same issue.  Thanks!   

If you can and have another computer, try downloading Malwarebytes on your computer and then transferring it to your Android device. After that run & install the apk to install Malwarebytes without the need for the Google Play Store (as you say it freezes). After installing Malwarebytes, open it and follow the instructions until it shows 'Your device is safe & clean' or something like that. After you do this, restart the phone/tablet and everything should be okay now.:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 07 May 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#5 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

My mother has a Digiland tablet with the Android 4.4 'KitKat' Operating System, she powered on her system one day and found an App called "Clean Master", She also noticed that she couldn't unplug her tablet without it giving her a 'low battery' and shutting down. The device shows no sign of battery life going above 9% when charging. 

I have a windows computer myself, so naturally I find out how to boot into 'safe mode'. but even then, Clean Master is running on startup, and even if you kill it, it doesn't fix the battery. You cannot uninstall it the usual way through the Apps screen, and it does not have any other privileges. She has done a soft and hard reset of her tablet, and somehow the app is still there.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me information about this.

Edit: Found an app on the tablet called 'Battery Warning', which has access to everything, including sending and receiving SMS and Phone calls. It looks extremely suspicious. But again, there isn't a way to remove it.

Edit 2: Charging the power while powered off, goes up 1% about every 10-15 minutes. I am unable to get anything from the play store, I have WiFi, and everything works, but upon trying to download 'avast', google play freezes then crashes.

The apps that you mention are probably built-in. You said that they were there even after doing a soft/hard reset which means that the app is a PUP which is installed with the firmware (the developer might have included those) The real problem with your tablet seems to be a hardware one. Why are you unable to install any app from the playstore? What happens when you tap on install? The crashing and freezing is probably low space/RAM on your tablet. Have you tried to install an app the alternate way (download apk file through a web browser)? How much free space & RAM is available on your tablet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users