Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello! New user here, recently bought computer and looking for next step.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Metzger4

Metzger4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

So I received a computer for christmas:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227597&cm_re=horus-_-83-227-597-_-Product

I am a gamer so I knew right off the bat I needed a new video card. Being strapped for cash I purchased this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX2C34593

I know that I definately need more RAM, aside from that where do I go from there? Sure the video card could use another boost when I have more money but is there anything else?

Thank you in advance for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

If you upgrade the RAM and GPU, my next step would be adding an SSD, but that's just me. It will be a huge increase in speed over a mechanical HDD, and is more reliable. If you plan to upgrade the GPU again in the future, you may need to get a bigger PSU, maybe in the 500w-600w, but you could try using the one you have now and see if it will run with it.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

#3 PhantomZwei

PhantomZwei

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

From what I see it looks like the graphics card that is already in the machine is about the same performance wise as the other one (aside from them being different brands).

The only other thing I could see that the machine would need is the power supply upgraded when you decide to get a better graphics card. I'd recommend at least a 650w power supply for any mid-high end graphics card.

Everything else looks good :)

#4 hman123467

hman123467

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

U need a better PSU
Google search cooler master 750m psu

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

@hman - There is no need for a 750 watt psu unless your going to run SLI and 10 hard drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users