Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed FPS drops and general slowness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dman7979

Dman7979

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Specs

AMD FX™-8320 Eight-core Pocessor 3.5 GHz    Water cooled 

16 GB Ram

Windows 8.1

EVGA 2GB GDDR5 Geforece  GTX 770

EVGA 750 watt power supply

M5A97 LE R2.0 MoBo

I first noticed this problem while i was playing World o tanks but have since noticed it in other games and general operations of my computer. While im playing the frame rate will run fine for a while 60-70fps (expecially if i haven't used the computer in a while). Then the frame rate will drop to under 40 and intermittently will drop to single digits and it will stay like that the rest of my time playing. At first i thought it was overheating so i checked the temps, which seemed fine. I cleaned out the pc of dust anyways. I then noticed i was running my GPU with power supply that didnt have enough wattage, so i upgraded to the 750 watt one. This seemed like it worked but after a few days the problem started to occur again. I thought that it could be my GPU so i switched it out for my older model (a gtx 650 i believe) and it was working fine for maybe 5 days and now this morning the problem started back up. Also to another thing to note is that my computer also seems to be running slow when im not in games, for example, when i click the windows key it takes quite a while for the windows to pop up... but if i press my windows key on my keyboard it pops up instantly? I have done all i know how to do and have run out of options short of paying someone to look into it which is costly. 

Any help is appreciated and if you need additional information just ask

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

do you have any anti-virus, firewall, messenger services, or other programs that run in the background?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Dman7979

Dman7979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

I have AVG that's about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users