Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer help please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dawnmomoffour

dawnmomoffour

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

I got an Intel Core I7 - 4770k running windows 8 for my birthday. It has two separate hard drives. The one for C is sooo tiny it keeps gettig filled up. It won't give me an option to save to the "D" drive, which has 3 T. If I remove anything in the public folder on C (Which is taking up all the room on C drive) it deletes it from my D drive. The only way it lets me network to have this public folder so I can view these files from our other computers is in this way. Is there a way to "Marry the 2", or to make D my main? I am so lost. Thanks!

-Dawn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaminbennyj

Jaminbennyj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/redirect-folder-new-location#1TC=windows-7

#3 dawnmomoffour

dawnmomoffour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

That's for windows 7 Jaminbennyj. I have windows 8. Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users